Established for over 15 years, and addressing the gap between technology resellers and consultants we are well-known as an industry leading provider of innovative and best of breed supply chain related Software as a Service solutions to a number of leading companies across Australian and New Zealand.
Bestrane is continuing to evolve and expand. Bestrane is an exciting dynamic company which seeks to provide an environment where people can develop in a supportive environment. We value innovation, creativity, independence, initiative… backed by a solid work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude. We are seek people for junior graduate and senior industry positions. We do not offer jobs… we offer opportunities to thrive in a technology based service provider. If you think you fit the Bestrane mold, even if there is not a current position listed below which excites you, then please make contact with us.
Technical Support Specialist- Melbourne
Bestrane is a well-established company that installs, manages, and supports a variety of transport logistics applications for our customers. Along with deploying vendor software, we develop our own applications to enable a greater success for our customers.
Our key hosting platform is based on AWS cloud technologies, though we support the deployments in a range of other hosting solutions.
With a growing scale of hosting operations, we are seeking to employ a mid-level support specialist to strengthen our technical team.
- Handling technical and application support issues (1st/2nd level support)
- Infrastructure and application services monitoring and alerting
- Contribute to the Company knowledge base
- Desktop and laptop support (in-house users)
- Support customer hosted applications and infrastructure (network, server, application)
- Perform and configure regular maintenance tasks for servers, backups, applications
- Participate in the customer deployment projects
- Participate in the support roster (includes occasional after-hours support)
We provide the training and coaching in our hosted application software, hosting technologies, helpdesk application, and other relevant technologies.
- Experience with internal and external customer support (phone, email), advanced (2+ years)
- Experience with Windows 10 / Office 365 deployment and support, advanced (1+ years)
- Windows Server, confident operator (1+ years)
- Linux support, confident operator (1+ years), preferred
- Microsoft SQL query writing, medium level (1+ years), preferred
- Experience with REST API integrations XML / JSON / XSL Transform, preferred
- Awareness of AWS core suite (VPC / EC2 / S3) is a plus
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Desire to learn new skills and have professional growth
This position is based in Melbourne.
You will need to reside permanently in Melbourne.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Email us: Bestrane HR
Software Developer (.Net) - Melbourne
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented person to join our team of development professionals. As part of this role you will get the opportunity to become involved in exciting projects using modern technology stacks, to deliver innovative logistics software projects/products to our customers.
Your focus will be on back-end development to build and deliver new features and functionality, enhance and maintain existing application capabilities.
- Work according to best practices within the development team
- Deliver work in a timely fashion and in accordance with business priorities
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the Bestrane product architecture
- Ensure all changes are thoroughly tested before delivery to QA
Quality is of prime importance. Attention to detail and pride in your work is essential. You will need to be self-motivated, and able to take responsibility for all aspects of the development cycle. We are a small team, and need to know you can deliver to a high standard, with a “can do” attitude.
If you think you might fit into our team based in Melbourne, at either a junior to mid level developer, then please contact us. We are looking at a permanent position for the right person to join our enthusiastic and talented team.
Salary will be in line with skills and experience.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core (essential)
- Experience with Relational Databases (MS SQL Server administration, stored procedures, T-SQL queries)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture options. Experience of AWS (nice to have)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems (nice to have)
- Ability to document applications
Essential Personal Attributes
- Sound communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess a patient, calm and professional manner
- Respect for your team members and our customers
- A positive approach to working in a high functioning team
- Ability to work autonomously
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Email us: Bestrane HR