Established for over 15 years, and addressing the gap between technology resellers and consultants we are well-known as an industry leading provider of innovative and best of breed supply chain related Software as a Service solutions to a number of leading companies across Australian and New Zealand.
Bestrane is continuing to evolve and expand. Bestrane is an exciting dynamic company which seeks to provide an environment where people can develop in a supportive environment. We value innovation, creativity, independence, initiative… backed by a solid work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude. We are seek people for junior graduate and senior industry positions. We do not offer jobs… we offer opportunities to thrive in a technology based service provider. If you think you fit the Bestrane mold, even if there is not a current position listed below which excites you, then please make contact with us.
Cloud Infrastructure and Application Support Engineer - POSITION FILLED
Bestrane continues to grow. The number of customers choosing Bestrane to deliver their routing solutions through Bestrane hosting service is an important part of our growth. As such, we are looking to bolster our AWS cloud hosting team.
Reporting to the director of technology, you will join a small team of technical professionals responsible for design, provision, support and continuous improvement of a variety of cloud and on premise infrastructure and application hosting solutions, and specialised Company and Vendor applications that is used by our Customers. In addition, you will assist us with in-house ICT needs such as office server and network management, supporting our staff in their use of ICT equipment and software, and the continuous improvement of our support practices.
You will not get bored in this role. There will be plenty of variety. The majority of our IT systems are hosted in the cloud. As such the majority of activities can be performed remotely, however attendance in the office will be required every week. Hence the need for a successful applicant to be located in Melbourne, with reliable/safe transport to South Melbourne.
The role will suite an ICT support professional with previous experience in systems and application delivery and support over cloud (AWS) and on premise solutions. AWS is an important, and the primary, component of our application delivery to customers.
- Deploy and Support hosting infrastructure solutions in AWS and Client-based environments
- Deploy and Support Company Software solutions in AWS and Client-based environments
- Configure systems and application events monitoring and alerting
- Contribute to hosting management processes and documentation
- Respond to systems and application health monitoring alerts, customer incidents and enquiries
- Internal IT office network and server support, assist staff in the use of ICT equipment and infrastructure
- Liaise with ICT vendors and suppliers
- Maintain and develop the support knowledge base and documentation
- Participate in the on-call roster and occasional after hours deployment activities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms
- Advanced knowledge of AWS infrastructure, networking and application hosting, including EC2, S3, Route 53, FarGate, and CI/CD processes and technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and domain services
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server hosting and support
- Confident PowerShell and Visual Basic scripting
- Experience with REST and SOAP integrations, FTP/S and SFTP file transfers
- 2+ years of experience in IT systems and network administration both cloud and on premise (primarily Microsoft and AWS based)
- 3+ years of experience in IT Service delivery, corporate software and end-user support
- 1+ years of experience in IT infrastructure projects both physical and cloud based (AWS / Azure)
Education / Background
- Bachelor degree in IT (or 3+ years of relevant experience)
- MCP certification is welcomed but not essential
- AWS certification is preferred but not essential
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adapt to change and growth mindset
- Process and Procedure driven with Great attention to detail
- Show initiative and ownership
If you think you have what it takes to join our team in Melbourne, please then please contact us outlining your experiences, your value proposition and how you see your going to add immediate value to our business
Email us: Bestrane HR