Sydney Australia – Westfield, a valued customer of Bestrane Group, has been selected as a finalist for a Smart Award at the Smart Conference 2011.
Westfield has completed redevelopment of the Westfield Sydney shopping complex and identified a requirement to improve the method in which it manages the inbound / outbound dock function at the centre. Westfield selected the Descartes Dock Appointment Scheduler web-based service, provided through Bestrane to assist in achieving these improvements.
This solution enabled key stakeholders such as contractors, carriers, suppliers and retailers to access a booking system in real time via a hosted web based solution.
- Allowed Westfield to record and manage dock operation in “Real Time”
- Improved complex communication channels
- Reduced Risk
- Improved Security
- Improved delivery performance of Vendors/Carriers
- Prioritised Dock facilities for flowing through of important items
- Reduction of time inefficiencies and congestion on dock
- Improved volume and resource planning
- Improved historical tracking of operation and performance of users
Reggie Probst, Senior Security Manager at Westfield Sydney, will be presenting the the innovative approach Westfield took in controlling retail shopping centre logistics at Smart Conference on Wednesday 25th May. Winners of awards will be announced at the Smart Supply Chain Industry Dinner to be held on 26th May 2011. Good luck Westfield.
Smart Awards Finalists 2011
To find out more about Dock Appointment Scheduler click here.
To find out more about Westfield Sydney, click here.