Melbourne, Australia. Bestrane is pleased to host an Inspiring Lunch and Site Visit for Women in Supply Chain, with Laura Anderson, Chairman Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival. This event is to be held at Melbourne Emporium on Wednesday 14th October 2015. This is a great opportunity for Women in Supply Chain to network. Places are limited, so please register early for this free event.
You are invited to a networking lunch with Laura Anderson, Chairman Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival and other women in leading positions in Supply Chain Management.
Meet Laura and learn about her stunning supply chain career and her thoughts about Australia’s future challenges and opportunities.
The Melbourne Emporium
Emporium Melbourne hosts Australia’s first Uniqlo, the largest Australian designer precinct in the country and 30 unique food icons, all in the heart of the CBD. The precinct features a mix of local and international designers, innovative concept and flagship stores and world class architecture.
Emporium Melbourne is a 46,000 square meter retail asset located in one of the most congested parts of the CBD on the corner of Swanston and Lonsdale Street. It is a site with unique logistics/stock delivery challenges.
The post lunch site visit led by Arron Renehan, Operations Manager – Emporium, will provide an overview of:
- The 7000 m2 floor space conversion that would otherwise have been needed for long ramps converted to retail space.
- Drivers’ knowledge of exactly when to arrive at the building to receive direct access to a specific bay eliminating the search for loading zones.
- The elimination of queuing times and the dramatic reduction of truck idle time at Street Level.
- Emporium’s “premium service” deliveries for its high profile tenants and valuable analytics regarding tracking the arrival and departures of each load.
The 2015 SMART innovation award for Emporium’s ‘MobileDOCK’ Dock Management system at the SMART conference recently held in Melbourne.
- Date: Wednesday 14th October 2015
- Time: Noon till 2pm
- Cost: Free
- For more information, contact Meaghan Siemensma @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418 294 596
- RSVP by 2nd October http://www.trybooking.com/JAUW